20070722

Holy?

I'm not blogging about any particular event or anything, I'm just backing my mind up to the hardest thing for me to do PERIOD. I blogged about it on Feb. 27th, 2007...BEING STILL.
Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." It is 5 months later and I at times feel like a potato chip in a tornado!! The good news is, God created me this way, and placed a girl in my life to balance me out/pick up my slack. I now have a family. It is hard, fun, rewarding, challenging, easy, impossible, and great at the same time. As awesome as it is to reach certain goals/milestones with them, it is mind-boggling when I think about all that God has laid on my heart. I have a passion for CHANGE. Not just to be different, but to be effective. The Bible is more than a moral storybook. God is more than a pet rock (or a Webkin for the newest generations). Christianity is not a passing fad. Real people have lived their lives and died for the cause of Christ. So how can I do it??? Dedicate myself to my family, dedicate myself to ministry...etc... Won't my batteries die? I'll get too tired, burned out, washed up and lazy to be effective...OR I can replace ME with HIM!! God will recharge me. In HIM, I am refreshed, renewed, and energized to prioritize the world that I live in. HE will give me wisdom. HE will give me peace. I will lift HIM up. HE will increase. I will decrease. I connect, submit, and become flexible clay. HE takes over and makes me the useful vessel I should be. Part of the connection process for me is Psalm 46:10...I think I'll go pray some more.

God Bless!!

3 comments:

Penny said...

I love reading you loving Him! You do well to "be still" but that doesn't necessarily mean sit still. Isaiah 55:6 says, "Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is near." This is not a being verse it is a doing verse. You are a doer and you are blessed. Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will CALL upon me and come and PRAY to me and I WILL listen to you. You will SEEK me and find me when you seek me with ALL your heart." Seek Him first and He will be your balance. Acknowledge your weak areas and He will be your strength. May you discern His voice clearly, obey Him without hesitation and walk in His abundant blessing. Your desire for Christ is a joy in my life. Thanks for the smile. Love and prayers, ME

Rick Womack said...

this is one of the best posts i've read and i connect with it so well...thanks for the words and the reminders. you're a real source of encouragement to me.

Maria Wilson said...

I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. Psalm 16:8 NLT

Nothing can break our "potato chip", cause we're Pringles in the safety of a crush proof box!

Have a good day, Larry!

Maria