20071210

Processing Sunday

From Jonah 4: 1 But Jonah was greatly displeased and became angry. 2 He prayed to the LORD, "O LORD, is this not what I said when I was still at home? That is why I was so quick to flee to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate God, slow to anger and abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity. 3 Now, O LORD, take away my life, for it is better for me to die than to live."

This is Jonah's reaction to an entire city of 120,000 people repenting and turning toward God based on his cheesy 8 word sermon (see Chapter 3 vs. 4). He is really angry, actually hacked off that God had compassion on Ninevah. Wow. It really makes me realize how skewed our thought processes can be. My prayer is that if God could take a few of my words and change lives, that I would REJOICE. My family is working hard on one verse in particular from 1 Thessalonians: "Be joyful always." Without sounding too ridiculous, this is changing the lives of my 7,5, and 4 year old kids!! I LOVE it!!

1 comment:

Rick Womack said...

glad you're blogging regularly again...